Acoustic of birds, Conservation Biology
1989-1993, BSc, Beijing Normal University, China
1995-2001, Ph.D., Beijing Normal University, China
2005-2007, visiting scholar, University of Mainz, Germany
1993-present, Lecturer/Associate Prof./Prof., Beijing Normal University, China
1. The function and complexity of bird song
2. Population monitor on the basis of the vocalization
3. Conservational biology on threaten pheasant
♦ Rresearch Articles
1. Chen G, Xia CW, Zhang YY*. 2020. Individual identification of birds with complex songs: The case of green-backed flycatchers Ficedula elisae. Behavioural Processes, 173: 104063.
2. Xia CW, Deng ZQ, Lloyd H, Møller AP, Zhao XM, Zhang YY*. 2019. The function of three main call types in common cuckoo. Ethology, 125:652–659.
3. Chen G, Xia CW, Dong L, Lyu N, Zhang YY*. 2019. Delayed plumage maturation in green-backed flycatchers (Ficedula elisae): An evidence of female mimicry. Ethology, 125:64–72.
4. Wei CT, Dong L*, Li SH, Liu Y, Xia CW, Yao CT, Alström P, Zhang YY*. 2019. From Himalayas to Continental Island: Integrative species delimitation in the Brownish-flanked Bush Warbler Horornis fortipes complex. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution, 131:219–227.
5. Xia CW, Lloyd H, Shi J, Wei CT, Zhang YY*. 2018. Dawn singing of the Brownish- flanked Bush Warbler influences dawn chorusing in a bird community. Ethology, 124(6): 400-409.
1. Guangmei Zheng (chief editor). 2017. A checklist on the Classification and Distribution of the Birds of China (3rd edition) . Science Press, Beijing.
College of Life Sciences,
Beijing Normal University,
P. R. China
Tel. : +86-10-58805399