Vegetation Ecology, Quantitative Ecology, Biodiversity
1978-1982, BSc, Entomology, Shanxi University, China
1982-1984, MSc, Plant Ecology, Shanxi University, China
1988-1991, PhD, Plant Ecology, University of Wales (Bangor), United Kingdom
1984-2003, Ass. Professor and Professor, Shanxi University, China
2003-present, Professor, Beijing Normal University, China
Based on field investigation, we study community structure, composition, dynamics and succession, ecological relationships of mountain vegetation in North China. Multivariate analysis methods, such as ordination, classification, geostatistical methodology, are main techniques in our study. We also study the distribution and conservation of plant species diversity and functional diversity in community, conservation of endangered plant species, restoration process of degraded ecosystems and lands in the Loess Plateau, and so on. We are also interested in the developing multivariate quantitative methods related to our study.
♦ Research Articles
1. Wang YQ, Cadotte MW, Chen JH, Mi XC, Ren HB, Liu XJ, Yu MJ, Zhang J-T*, Ma KP. (2020). Neighborhood interactions on seedling survival were greatly altered following an extreme winter storm. Forest Ecology and Management, 461, e117940.
2. Sadia S, Aftab B, Tariq A, Zhang J-T*, Razaq A. (2020). Gentiopicrin and swertiamarin contents in Centiana macrophylla Pall. Roots along elevation gradient in Donglingshan meadow, Beijing, China. Pakistan Journal of Botany, 52(1): 43-48.
3. Cao K, Mi XC, Zhang LW, Ren HB, Yu MJ, Chen JH, Zhang J-T*, and Ma KP. (2019). Examining residual spatial correlation in variation partitioning of beta diversity in a subtropical forest. Journal of Plant Ecology, 12(4): 636–644.
4. Rao MD, Steinbauer MJ, Xiang XG, Zhang MG, Mi XC, Zhang J-T*, Ma KP, Svenning J-C. (2018). Environmental and evolutionary drivers of diversity patterns in the tea family (Theaceae s.s.) across China. Ecology and Evolution. 8: 11663–11676.
5. Bai XH, Zhang J-T*. (2018). Environmental interpretation of forest communities in Xiaowutai Mountain by fuzzy mathematics analysis. Ecological Informatics, 48: 178–186.
6. Song NQ, Zhang J-T*, Zhao FG. (2017). The PCA index for measuring functional diversity and its application to Juglans mandshurica communities in the Beijing mountains, China. International Journal of Biomathematics, 10(7), 1750097.
7. Zhang J-T, Zhang M, Mian R. (2016). Effects of elevation and disturbance gradients on forest diversity in the Wulingshan Nature Reserve, North China. Environmental Earth Science, 75(10): 904.
8. Zhang J-T, Li M, Nie EB. (2014). Pattern of functional diversity along an altitudinal gradient in the Baihua Mountain Reserve of Beijing, China. Brazilian Journal of Botany, 37: 37-45.
9. Zhang J-T, Xu B, Li M. (2013). Vegetation patterns and species diversity along elevational and disturbance gradients in the Baihua Mountain Reserve, Beijing, China. Mountain Research and Development, 33(2): 170-178.
10. Zhang J-T, Xiang CL, Li M. (2012). Integrative ecological sensitivity (IES) applied to assessment of eco-tourism impact on forest vegetation landscape: A case from the Baihua Mountain Reserve of Beijing, China. Ecological Indicators, 18: 365–370.
11. Zhang J-T, Xiang CL, Li M. (2012). Effects of tourism and topography on vegetation diversity in the subalpine meadows of the Dongling Mountains of Beijing, China. Environmental Management, 49: 403-411.
12. Cheng JJ, Mi XC, Nadrowski K, Ren HB, Zhang J-T, Ma KP. (2012). Separating the effect of mechanisms shaping species-abundance distributions at multiple scales in a subtropical forest. Oikos, 121: 236–244.
13. Zhang J-T, Dong YR. (2010). Factors affecting species diversity of plant communities and the restoration process in the loess area of China. Ecological Engineering, 36: 345–350.
14. Zhang J-T, Ru WM. (2010). Population characteristics of endangered species Taxus chinensis var. mairei and its conservation strategy in Shanxi, China. Population Ecology, 52: 407–416
1. Sadia S, Zhang J-T, Sheayi AA, Tariq A, Cao K. (2016). Tools and Techniques in Plant Ecology-A review. Journal of Environmental and Agricultural Sciences, 7:35-41.
2. Zhang J-T, Fan LH and Li M. (2012). Functional diversity in plant communities: Theory and analysis methods. African Journal of Biotechnology, 11: 1014-1022
College of Life Sciences,
Beijing Normal University,
P. R. China
Tel. : +86-10-58803093