Bird song, Behavior, Life-history
2002-2006, Bachelor of Microelectronics, Nankai University, China
2007-2010, Master of Ornithology, Beijing Normal University, China
2010-2013, Doctor of Ornithology, Beijing Normal University, China
2013-2015, Post doctor, Beijing Normal University, China
2015-2018, Lecturer, Beijing Normal University, China
2018-present, Associate professor, Beijing Normal University, China
I am a Behavioral Ecologist with interests in animal communication, and spend many years investigated bird song in the field. A major ongoing project looks at the function of bird song in speciation.
♦ Research Articles
1. Canwei Xia, Yanyun Zhang. Lack of daily heart rate rhythms in Adélie penguin chicks during the polar day. Polar Record, 2019, 55, 411-416.
2. Canwei Xia, Zhuqing Deng, Huw Lloyd, Anders Pape Møller, Xiaomeng Zhao, Yanyun Zhang. The function of three main call types in common cuckoo, Ethology, 2019, 125, 652-659.
3. Zhuqing Deng, Huw Lloyd, Canwei Xia, Donglai Li, Yanyun Zhang. Within-season decline in the call consistency of individual male Common Cuckoo (Cuculus canorus), Journal of Ornithology, 2019, 160, 317-327.
4. Canwei Xia, Huw Lloyd, Jie Shi, Chentao Wei, Yanyun Zhang. Dawn singing of the Brownish- flanked Bush Warbler influences dawn chorusing in a bird community, Ethology, 2018, 124(6): 400-409.
5. Canwei Xia, Chentao Wei, Yanyun Zhang. Territory tenure increases with repertoire size in brownish-flanked bush warbler, Plos One, 2015, 10(3): e0122789
College of Life Sciences,
Beijing Normal University,
P. R. China
Tel. : +86-10-58801849