Molecular and Cellular Biology
1988-1992, BSc, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
1992-1995, M.S. National Vaccine and Serum Institute, Beijing, China
1995-1998, Ph.D. Fourth Military Medical University, Xi’an, China
1998-2000, Lecturer, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi'an, China.
2000-2004, Postdoctoral fellow, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New Jersey, USA
2004-2005, Postdoctoral fellow, National Institute of Biological Sciences, Beijing
2005-present, Professor, Beijing Normal University, China
1. Bioactive lipid and lipidomics: Signaling mechanisms of bioactive lysophospholipids and their receptors, and the role of bioactive lysophospholipids in human diseases. We pay more attention on the ATX-LPA-LPA receptor axis and its role in cancer, immunity and obesity-related diseases.
2. Bacterial persistence and growth control: We focus on the toxin-antitoxin system and the Pup-proteasome system in Mycobacterium.
♦ Research Articles
1. Xiaodong Chi, Yunqing Chang, Mengmiao Li, Jin Lin, Yi Liu, Chuanyou Li, Shenjie Tang and Junjie Zhang*(2018). Biochemical characterization of mt-PemIK, a novel toxin-antitoxin system in Mycobacterium tuberculosis. FEBS Letters 592(24):4039-4050.
2. Shuhong Sun, Ran Wang, Jianwen Song, Ming Guan, Na Li, Xiaotian Zhang, Zhanwen Zhao, Junjie Zhang* (2017). Blocking gp130 signaling suppresses autotaxin expression in adipocytes and improves insulin sensitivity in diet-induced obesity. Journal of Lipid Research 58(11):2102-2113. (Cover story)
3. Lin Lyu, Baolu Wang, Chaoyang Xiong, Xiaotian Zhang, Xiaoyan Zhang, and Junjie Zhang* (2017). Selective export of autotaxin from the endoplasmic reticulum. Journal of Biological Chemistry 292(17):7011-7022.
4. Shuhong Sun, Xiaotian Zhang*, Lin Lyu, Xixi Li, Siliang Yao, and Junjie Zhang* (2016). Autotaxin expression is regulated at the post-transcriptional level by the RNA-binding proteins HuR and AUF1. Journal of Biological Chemistry 291(50):25823-25836.
5. Xuejie Chen, Chandan Li, Li Wang, Yi Liu, Chuanyou Li, Junjie Zhang* (2016) The Mechanism of Mycobacterium smegmatis PafA Self-Pupylation. PLoS ONE 11(3): e0151021. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0151021.
6. Jianwen Song, Ming Guan, Zhenwen Zhao, Junjie Zhang* (2015) Type I Interferons Function as Autocrine and Paracrine Factors to Induce Autotaxin in Response to TLR Activation. PLoS ONE 10(8): e0136629. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0136629.
7. Song Li, Bin Guo, Jianwen Song, Xiaoli Deng, Yusheng Cong, Pengfei Li, Ke Zhao, Lihong Liu, Gang Xiao, Feng Xu, Yingjiang Ye, Zhenwen Zhao, Menggang Yu, Yan Xu, Jianli Sang*, Junjie Zhang* (2013). Plasma choline-containing phospholipids: Potential biomarkers for colorectal cancer progression. Metabolomics 9(1):202-212.
8. Xiaolei Xie, Li Le, Yanxin Fan, Lin Lv, Junjie Zhang* (2012). Autophagy is induced through the ROS-TP53-DRAM1 pathway in response to mitochondrial protein synthesis inhibition. Autophagy 8(7): 1071-1084.
9. Song Li, Chaoyang Xiong, Junjie Zhang* (2012). ATX and LPA receptor 3 are coordinately up-regulated in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated THP-1 cells through PKR and SPK1-mediated pathways. FEBS Letter 586(6):792-797.
10. Song Li, Baolu Wang, Yan Xu, Junjie Zhang* (2011). Autotaxin is induced by TSA through HDAC3 and HDAC7 inhibition and antagonizes the TSA-induced cell apoptosis. Molecular Cancer 10(1):18 doi:10.1186/1476-4598-10-18.
11. Song Li, Junjie Zhang* (2009) Lipopolysaccharide Induces Autotaxin Expression in Monocytic THP-1 Cells. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 378(2):264-268.
12. Longxuan Zhao, Junjie Zhang* (2008) Biochemical characterization of a chromosomal toxin-antitoxin system in Mycobacterium tuberculosis. FEBS Letter 582(5)710-714.
13. Motoo Suzuki, Junjie Zhang, Mohan Liu, Nancy A. Woychik and Massayori Inouye* (2005). Single protein production in living cells facilitated by an mRNA interferase. Molecular Cell 18(2):253-261.
14. Junjie Zhang, Yonglong Zhang, Ling Zhu, Motoo Suzuki and Masayori Inouye* (2004). Interference of mRNA function by sequence-specific endoribonuclease PemK. Journal of Biological Chemistry 279(20):20678-20684.
15. Yonglong Zhang#, Junjie Zhang#, Klaus P. Hoeflich, Mitsuhiko Ikura, Guoliang Qing, Masayori Inouye* (2003). MazF cleaves cellular mRNAs specifically at ACA to block protein synthesis in Escherichia coli. Molecular Cell 12(4):913-923. (#Authors contributed equally).
16. Junjie Zhang, Yonglong Zhang and Masayori Inouye* (2003). Characterization of the interactions within the mazEF addiction module of Escherichia coli. Journal of Biological Chemistry 278(34):32300-32306.
17. Junjie Zhang, Yonglong Zhang and Masayori Inouye* (2003). Thermotoga maritima MazG protein has both nucleoside triphosphate pyrophosphohydrolase and pyrophosphatase activity. Journal of Biological Chemistry 278(24): 21408-21414.
18. Junjie Zhang, Masayori Inouye* (2002). MazG, a nucleoside triphosphate pyrophosphohydrolase, interacts with Era, an essential GTPase in Escherichia coli. Journal of Bacteriology 184(19): 5323-5329.
College of Life Sciences,
Beijing Normal University,
No. 19 Xinjiekouwai Street,
P. R. China
Tel. : +86-10-58802137