Protein degradation and posttranslational modification, Spermatogenesis and male infertility
2005-2009, BSc, Inner Mongolia University, China
2009-2014, Ph.D., Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
2014-2016, Assistant professor, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
2017-2019, Associate professor, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
2019.04-present, Associate professor, Beijing Normal University, China
1. Protein degradation and posttranscriptional modification: to study the mechanism of cell fate determination under the regulation of protein degradation and/or autophagy
2. Spermatogenesis and male infertility: to study the roles of key genes in spermatogenesis using gene knockout mouse models, and methods from biochemistry, genetics and molecular biology
♦ Research Articles
1. Batool A, Liu H, Liu YX, Chen SR*. (2020) CD83, a novel MAPK signaling pathway interactor, determines ovarian cancer cell fate. Cancers, 12(8):2269.
2. Batool A, Wang YQ, Hao XX, Chen SR*, Liu YX*. (2018) A miR-125b/CSF1-CX3CL1/tumor-associated macrophage recruitment axis controls testicular germ cell tumor growth. Cell Death Dis, 9(10):962.
3. Chen SR*, Tang JX, Cheng JM, Hao XX, Wang YQ, Wang XX, Liu YX*. (2016) Does murine spermatogenesis require WNT signalling? A lesson from Gpr177 conditional knockout mouse models. Cell Death Dis, 7(6):e2281.
4. Chen SR*, Chen M, Deng SL, Hao XX, Wang XX, Liu YX*. (2016) Sodium-hydrogen exchanger NHA1 and NHA2 control sperm motility and male fertility. Cell Death Dis, 7:e2152.
5. Chen SR, Hao XX, Zhang Y, Deng SL, Wang ZP, Wang YQ, Wang XX, Liu YX* (2016). Androgen receptor in Sertoli cells regulates DNA double-strand break repair and chromosomal synapsis of spermatocytes partially through intercellular EGF-EGFR signaling. Oncotarget, 7(14):18722-35.
6. Chen SR, Tang JX, Cheng JM, Li J, Jin C, Li XY, Deng SL, Zhang Y, Wang XX, Liu YX*. (2015) Loss of Gata4 in Sertoli cells impairs the spermatogonial stem cell niche and causes germ cell exhaustion by attenuating chemokine signaling. Oncotarget, 6(35):37012-27.
7. Chen SR, Zheng QS, Zhang Y, Gao F*, Liu YX*. (2013) Disruption of genital ridge development causes aberrant primordial germ cell proliferation but does not affect their directional migration. BMC Biol, 11:22.
1. Jiao S, Yang Y*, Chen SR*. (2020) Molecular genetics of infertility: loss-of-function mutations in humans and corresponding knockout/mutated mice. Hum Reprod Update, doi: 10.1093/humupd/dmaa034 .
2. Zhang X, Liu H, Chen SR*. (2020) Mechanisms of long non-coding RNAs in cancers and their dynamic regulations. Cancers, 12(5):1245.
3. Batool A, Karimi N, Wu XN, Chen SR*, Liu YX. (2019) Testicular germ cell tumor: a comprehensive review. Cell Mol Life Sci, 76(9):1713-1727.
4. Chen SR*, Batool A, Wang YQ, Hao XX, Chang CS, Cheng CY, Liu YX*. (2016) The control of male fertility by spermatid-specific factors: searching for contraceptive targets from spermatozoon's head to tail. Cell Death Dis, 7(11):e2472.
1. Chen SR*, Liu YX*. (2017) Focuses on the impact of Zika virus infection on the male reproductive tract. Natl Sci Rev, 4(2):157.
2. Chen SR*, Liu YX*. (2016) Myh11-Cre is not limited to peritubular myoid cells and interaction between Sertoli and peritubular myoid cells needs investigation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 113(17):E2352.
(* corresponding author)
College of Life Sciences,
Beijing Normal University,
P. R. China